Social Media Management Firm KnowEm Acquires FriendsCall.Me
Expands Offerings to Help Brands Secure and Manage their Identity in Social Media
Company launches new services to help enterprises and individuals stake out their names on more than 300 social media sites today — as well as those sites to emerge tomorrow
KnowEm, the company working to help brands manage their identity across the social web, launched a new family of premier services designed to further help Fortune 500 corporations and small businesses alike stake their claim in the ever-changing social media landscape. Additionally, the company announced that it has recently acquired FriendsCall.Me, a service that enables companies to manage their personal brands on the web, for an undisclosed amount.
Both KnowEm and FriendsCall.Me launched in April 2009 and quickly grew their client bases — reflecting a strong growth in social media-conscious companies, along with the need to take charge of identity in the social web. FriendsCall.Me was the brainchild of Darius A Monsef IV, the creator of the popular design community, COLOURlovers.com, and community organizer for Microsoft’s Photosynth.com.
Existing FriendsCall.Me customers will automatically be transferred to KnowEm’s service. By leveraging the synergistic technology and functionality of FriendsCall.Me, KnowEm can enhance their service offerings to create further opportunities in social media identity management.
“Much like with domain names, there’s now a race to create identities in social media,” explained KnowEm co-founder, Barry Wise. “But managing identities in social media is far more complex than securing a domain name. There are hundreds of popular social networks, with new sites popping up each day. It’s a challenge enough for companies to keep track of where they have a presence, not to mention the time-consuming work of creating profiles where they don’t.”
For no charge, KnowEm lets brand owners instantly check the availability of their branded usernames and keywords on more than 330 popular social media networks. Sites range from well-known networks like Twitter and YouTube, to influential niche networks in Blogging, News, Community, Entertainment, Photo, Travel, Health, and other categories. KnowEm returns a list of social networks where the brand is and isn’t registered — and then takes it a step farther by automatically securing names, even creating profiles, on all these sites.
KnowEm has been offering its services in beta since April, and has been working with a wide range of clients — including a major search engine, large pharmaceutical company, restaurant chains, as well as mom-and-pop businesses. Over 200,000 profiles have already been secured and created through KnowEm.
KnowEm’s newly announced services include:
- Business Edition ($249): This premium, time-saving service creates profiles on the top 100 social media websites (150 sites for $349), including a complete signup and posting of basic information — photos, bio, URL, and description. As a result, companies can make sure their brand name is protected and initiate their social media presence without the tedious work of manually signing up for each and every network. Each signup and profile creation receives the personal touch of KnowEm’s staff in New Jersey — there’s no automation or offshore labor involved.
- Individual Edition ($99): KnowEm kick starts the signup process by initiating profile creation on the top 150 social media websites. The business owner will then need to confirm and populate each profile to complete the process.
- Subscription Plan ($49/month): This monthly service continues to protect a brand or username on up to 30 new and emerging social media networks every month. As a result, companies can stay in front of the social media landscape and make sure their territory is staked out on the next Twitter before it’s too late.
“Since our beta launch in April, we’ve seen a strong demand from companies of all sizes and these new services are a direct result from their input,” said Michael Streko, co-founder of KnowEm. “We’re committed to making it as easy as possible for companies to make sure their identities are protected and they’re participating across the full scope of today and tomorrow’s social sites.”
The company also announced that social media pioneers Paige Craig and Brian Solis have joined the KnowEm Advisory Board.
Anyone can visit www.knowem.com to start managing their social media identity today.
KnowEm.com (http://knowem.com) monitors hundreds of popular websites for social media identity theft. By entering a username, which can be a brand name, internet identity, or vanity URL, KnowEm.com allows you to instantly monitor the availability of that username on over 300 popular social media websites such as Twitter, MySpace and Digg.
- New Website Protects Usernames From Social Media Identity Theft
- KnowEm Adds 20 More Domains to Domain Name Checking Service
- The New Threat of Typosquatting (Misspelled Brands) in Social Media
- KnowEm Launches USPTO Trademark Search and Registration Service
- If a Country Can’t Reclaim a Username, What Chance Do You Have?